View Single Post

Old 03-15-2024, 02:29 PM

Liked 9,001 Times in 2,587 Posts

Interesting to hear the negative vibe: a noted gunwriter friend told me to check one out and I was so impressed with the first one that I bought a second.

Both used, though: there are for-sure a lot of people shooting these and not loving them. On the other hand, I know a swelling number of old-timers (even older than me) who pick up the superbly engineered "Goldilocks" CSX (lefty friendly, carries as small as a PPK, shoots like a real gun, hits hard enough, holds enough rounds: 12+1!) and just stop carrying anything else. And that makes sense, given the CSX's genesis as almost a vanity project by a longtime firearms engineer - he made the gun he'd want, and a whole lot of us who are over our "Gun of the Month" phase see the sense in what he designed and implemented.

Now, as to ron4735's question of when the Performance Center will be making a CSX version: I'd guess NEVER. The model is essentially a Performance Center specialty design (a well-considered small and effective pistol for real carry), and other than plating it gold and putting some preposterously unnecessary gew-gaws like porting on it, there's nothing they could really do. Plus, as has been noted on this thread, they're not all that popular: I'm sure there's much more money to be made bejeweling the striker-gun of the moment and installing a flat trigger and RMR slot for those who consider these to be useful improvements.

By the way, you're right comparing it to the P938 - if my SIG-Sauer had allowed me to switch that magazine release to the other side (I'm a lefty, and the fixed left-side button was repeatedly bump-released during pocket and AIWB carry), I'd still be using that gun. Ah well - more rounds in the CSX.

Last edited by Erich; 03-15-2024 at 02:30 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: