View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 12:51 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,423 Times in 598 Posts

Rabid animals are a whole lot tougher to kill than healthy ones. Like bears and people up on Crack and other mind-altering substances you can shoot them in a "killing" location and they don't know they are dead. That being the case, they seem to think they still have the ability to take you out with their remaining strength. Guess what, they can. Having said that, I will carry nothing less than a .380 as they are the most common PD firearm in the states. Remembering that most wild animals are more cautious of people than dogs, it's best you carry something you are most comfortable with. If it's a .380 fine, if .40 fine too. Just be sure to practice enough that you are comfortable in your ability to hit what you are shooting at. I like the idea of you carrying both a pistol and a can of spray. Use one and then the other, but which ever you use first, be prepared to respond to an officer asking questions. To the question, Did you have to shoot it? Your answer should be, Hell yes, it looked like it was foaming at the mouth. At least that would be my answer.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: