View Single Post

Old 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM

Liked 13,556 Times in 3,337 Posts
Default Follow up on my Taurus 327.

About a month or so ago I bought a Taurus 327, in oddly enough 327 Federal Magnum. I'm up to about 500 rounds through it, mostly 32 Smith and Wesson long, but about 75 327 Federal Magnums. The little gun continues to chug along with no problems.

With 32 Longs, either Fiocchi factory loads, or my reloads, it's about like shooting a 22. I know, an overused cliche' but it's not far off the truth. The steel frame gives enough weight that the recoil is bairly noticable. I'm not a very good shot anymore, but at self defense ranges I can do OK with it and can stay in the 10/X ring on a B27 unless I try to kid myself and shoot fast. Take my time, use the sights, hit the target.

Moving up to the 327 is "eye opening" shall we say. The ammo shoots fine, but it surprised me with it's recoil. It is considerably harder than the 32 Long stuff, but still managable.

It fits into a Don Hume J.I.T. holster just fine, and digging around in my bag O holsters turned up this one that fits like it was made for it.

No idea the brand name, but it mush have come from Holsterama.com. About the only place I buy leather holsters now. I must have gotten it for a J-frame at one time or the other.

I'm going to try some 32 H&R Magnum in it one of these days, and I've got my eye out at the LGS for one of the new S&W 32's.
John 3:16 .
The Following 7 Users Like Post: