View Single Post

Old 03-24-2024, 06:59 PM

Liked 2,802 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat View Post
It is no secret that I prefer the Sunday Scabbard to any other holster for my revolvers. I have even posted on forums looking for someone willing to build one for me. Most say it is too hard…not enough profit…you don’t really want one…etc. One fellow contacted me. He was interested. He read up on the design, studied images I sent him and even bought the book on them! I also shared with him some images I had and some advice I had learned. The revolver I carry is a Model 22-4, a fixed sighted, 4” N frame. The maker bought a form revolver but it had adjustable sights. That is not the correct model so he altered it to the correct dimensions!

Here is the result!

A nice looking Sunday Scabbard!

Here is the welt stack. He skived the individual layers so the would taper to the muzzle. Note how he polished the edge and shaped and burnished it well.

The obverse.

And the toe showing it stitched to the fender.

And an interior shot. He half lined the holder, skived the edge, dye it and stitched it in place.

All in all, I am very pleased. Mike is not a member of this forum or I would have asked him to post in this thread,

Custom Leathersmiths on the Forum

So, a new thread

Thank you Mike, it exceeds my expectations!

Kevin
Any idea how many hours he has tied up in that gorgeous bit of work?

He certainly didn't knock it out in an afternoon!