View Single Post

Old 03-25-2024, 08:11 AM

Liked 474 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotis View Post
I "loaned" my two model 15s to a good friend last year. He and his wife are an older couple in a very large house, she got scared and wanted a pistol in the house after security cameras outside captured someone breaking into their cars in the middle of the night. One is a shooter grade 15-3 4" that is mechanically perfect with one of the smoothest actions I own. The other is a 15-8 4" heavy barrel that I picked up from a LGS as part of a two gun deal (along with a model 37). I thought I wouldn't miss them but I actually do. Once I finally get my friend and his wife to the range for more shooting I am hoping they will like the idea of a shotgun, modern semi-auto, or anything else other than my old Smiths!

I do know where there is a beautiful 15-3 4" but it is $700 with no box or papers, comes with a right handed holster that is useless to me. I just can't justify it (yet).
That was a very nice thing you did for your friends. It gave you some peace of mind knowing they could defend themselves. Getting them exposed to more options at the range would be great, nice work!

Justify it? When did any of us EVER try to JUSTIFY an older S&W purchase?
The Following User Likes This Post: