View Single Post

Old 03-25-2024, 02:00 PM

Liked 9,077 Times in 4,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
I used a Redding BR-30 for .223 when I shot competition. I measured hundreds of throws with N-140, using a Redding scale, with and overall average of +.277 grains. Of all the measured throws there were some .00 - .05 but none ever went under the 24 grain target which "I" considered a real positive and to the plus side with a high of .53 of maybe 1 out of 75 throws. The bulk of the throws, 8-10 of 25, would weigh +.19 - .23.

This load was better than I was at 200-300 yards and would shoot cleans. I scale weighed all my 600 and beyond loads.
I bought a new Neil Jones measure some years back now but it has never been on the bench. "Popular" wisdom at the time was the Jones was a touch better than the Harrell's.
All said and done I guess I would put my BR-30 up against any scale system within reasonable price. The Prometheus, form what little I know of it, is another game and costed accordingly.
I mentioned earlier I have used four Reddings for many years. One is a regular model 3, another is a BR-30, and two are Match Grades (one setup for rifle and the other for pistol).

I bought a Harrell years ago when they had only two models (I think). The Harrell offered no advantage over the Reddings and I sold it. Perhaps the later Harrell measures are superior to the Reddings, but at this stage, I'll likely not try them as the Reddings still work very well.

Last edited by rockquarry; 03-25-2024 at 02:09 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: