View Single Post

Old 03-26-2024, 05:36 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 721 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns6 View Post
My Safe Queen is an M1 Garand . I haven't fired it in 3 or 4 years . I finally came to the decision to let it go . If I were to leave it to one of my sons or grandsons it would probably collect dust . None of them would appreciate it for what it is . I listed it for sale in a local gun forum . FTF and only if I get my price .
My father served in Occupied Germany right after WW2...He desperately wanted an M1 Garand, and finally bought one in early 1968 from a rack of about 40 rifles at a place called "H&H Surplus" in Baltimore. I was a baby at the time, and less than a month later, ML King was killed and RFK shortly after. The GCA was passed later that year and over the counter gun sales went extinct as known prior to that.

Fast forward to now...My dad died in the 1990's, my mom died a few years ago and the rifle hasn't been fired since 1979...Two cartridge belts of original ammo, bayonet, his military photo albums, dog tags, 4th infantry division Ike jacket uniform and much more...The best I can tell, its an all unmolested 1945 SA rifle...I still have the sales receipt for $136.

I have never shot it myself and I don't have the inclination to now...I am just not a fan of Garands. The wife and I have no kids, so no one to leave it to...I am going to take a notion in the next few weeks to take some quality pics and move it on. It really means nothing to me other than the value of the rifle itself.

The ultimate safe queen for a new owner.