View Single Post

Old 03-27-2024, 11:02 AM

Liked 329 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmansguns View Post
Mine is blue (or what's left of it), also 5 inch, otherwise all original matching numbers and I believe the grips too, but no trace of pencil number remains. Serial number 105093, Dr. Roy confirmed ship date October 1921.

I could only fondle this beauty for over a year until last Christmas when I was given 3 boxes of HSM Cowboy Action Soft Lead flat nose ammo loaded by HSM in new Starline brass. Finally got this gun out for shooting and target is 12 round standing at 15 yards.

At my age I'm usually shooting 10 yards, but no lead ammo allowed so had to find a different place to shoot and the minimum there is 15 yards, so I'm thrilled that all 12 got on the target.

My ammo benefactor searched high and low for a year to find the HSM and tipped me that the above mentioned seller (in Detroit) had such bad reviews that it almost appeared to be a scam so do your own personal research before sending any money to anyone on-line regarding 32-20 WCF ammo.

That nickel one the OP posted is really sweet...I'm on the lookout for more of these 5 inchers, especially a nickel one!
Looks like some good shoot’n especially for the first rounds on paper! Can only improve with practice.
The OP apparently has the blues over 32/20 ammo and it’s a full moon. I thought I’d share my depressing experience too. Went to gun show bought 4 boxes of old 32/20 cartridges and the seller said,, you got a deal!

So far so good? I posted a picture (here) and the CARTRIDGE COLLECTORS crawled out of the woodwork and scolded me for,, I guess even considering shooting them! That experience pointed me in another direction.

Remember when searching,, 32-20 is rifle ammunition
The Following User Likes This Post: