View Single Post

Old 03-27-2024, 11:18 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,331 Times in 1,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARE View Post
I have three pre-war N frames that came with incorrect grips. A .357 Magnum that shipped in December 1935 had Diamond Targets. Acquired a set of pre-war Magnas that fit pretty well. A .44 Hand Ejector 2nd Model that shipped in June 1926 had some plastic stags on it. Think the 2nd or 3rd set I tried fit well. The ones that did not fit were small.
A Triple Lock that shipped April 1916 had MOP stocks. Think I tried at least 10 sets before I found a good fit. All of the poor fits were small.
So how do you ever sell the off hand set and keep a forum member happy, having no idea what the fit is like? I sold a very nice set, when I wasn’t even really wanting to sell at all…

So, it seems like your batting average isn’t all that good, being 1 in 2 or 3 and then one in 10. Mine, I thought was 100%, but it’s really now 0%. The set I put on the heater Triple Lock revolver didn’t fit great, and I attributed it to the hard life these stocks have led. The other set I affixed to a Triple Lock I bought once with Cokes on it actually doesn’t fit as well as I thought, as small slivers of light are evident I hadn’t noticed before.

OR, maybe I shouldn’t sell any of the dozen or so sets of stocks I own and, next time I need a pair, hope my odds are greater than one in a dozen or so, and a pair I have actually fits decently.