Thread: Pick one
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 08:33 AM

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
My first revolver was a 4" M-19. I bought it for its touted versatility, ruggedness, reasonable size/weight, ... It was a good choice and served me well for many years. For full-power .357s, the blast and flash really gets your attention out of a 4" barrel. I personally sure wouldn't want to try these in anything any shorter.

Later on I came across "deals too good to pass up" on a nickel 4" M10-6 and a blue 3" M10-7. Both of these are great guns. The 3" has become my favorite. Of all the guns mentioned so far, I would bet that your wife would find it to be her favorite too. Of course both of these guns are .38 Special Only but that's all most people shoot out of Magnums anyway.

I looked at your profile and didn't see a geographic location, so I don't know if wolf/cougar/bear encounters are a realistic possibility. If so, I would just suggest carrying one of your autoloaders. At least you'd have more shots (if it doesn't jam).
There aren't a lot of critters to run into in WI unless you're far north. Most critters here are two legged.

I do venture out west often, at least yearly, for back packing excursions, hunting trips, etc. The plan is to eventually move out there too.