View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 05:29 PM

Liked 460 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo40 View Post
You don't have to explain yourself to anybody, and frankly anyone who would accuse another of shooting an otherwise friendly animal without due cause isn't worth responding to.

In my experience, the sort of folks who take the most offense towards others defending themselves against attacking dogs are the sort who has one of those extremely hostile, anti-social dogs who will attack any person or animal they come into contact with, so they're bothered by it because it could happen to their dog one day, but they would rather pretend that their dog as well as all others like it are sweet, innocent, harmless creatures, and that it only acts the way that it does around strangers because it can "sense" that every other person or animal it has ever responded to with hostility was dangerous.

Nobody else is that unreasonable nor accusatory towards those who have so much as expressed a perceived need to defend themselves against feral dogs, much less had to do so.

Rest assured, you did the right thing, the responsible thing, and frankly provided a public service by taking care of dangerous wild animals who almost assuredly would have gone on to attack someone. Other folks would have probably just left them be with zero regard for the safety of others, but you went all the way back out there, tracked them down, and euthanized them in a humane fashion.
Thanks for the kind words. We’d hunted there before (and after) without any issues from anything. We liked it because you had it to yourself. Great deer hunting spot. Ever since that time I am never afield unarmed. I hunt with stick bow or traditional muzzleloading rifles, but there is a modern handgun with me ALL the time, just in case..
The Following User Likes This Post: