Thread: 1066
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2024, 08:23 PM

Liked 9,373 Times in 3,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
...he was really concerned with stout 10mm ammo and handloads (not even ‘max’ loads but a regular diet of upper mid-range stuff) battering the alum frame to the point of deformation or cracking.
I did not install a buffer but not a bad idea. I'm not against them in a range gun, which my 1013 is to me, but I wouldn't use one in a SD pistol.

I documented shooting (810) rounds thru the 1013 in my earlier testing. It had unknown rounds thru it before as a 40.

The current contact point, between the barrel & frame, looks pretty much like it did before I started (below).

I believe the hole in the frame, for the slide stop pin, has been a point of failure for some in the past (?), which gets the most stress from the slide's closing force on it.

That's why I ultimately backed off my recoil spring's strength a bit & upped the hammer spring strength.

The 1013's been residing in the safe mostly since the mod, because of other new toys & projects, only shooting it recently in a 10AUTO chrono test to compare velocities of different barrel length.

It'll never be a high use pistol, for me, but it'll get play time now & then.