View Single Post

Old 03-30-2024, 11:41 AM

Liked 368 Times in 179 Posts
Default Concur with murphydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench136 View Post
The left side grip does have the number 312. The date on the box label is 10/4/98. Does not seem to be an inventory label as the gun was bought in 1986. See photo 3. Only a guess it went to the factory. Thanks to those who provided value estimates.
"CashAmerica Pawn" used a tag just like that back twenty years ago. The numbers included a code telling the salespeople how much they had in it. If you figured out the code you could offer the store $50 over that, never mind their asking price, and they would sell. I never could break the code. It was a fully computerized inventory control system with labels printed in the back of the store on a laser printer. I hated that the labels were impossible to remove! I bought a JVC cd player and got the label off using patience and GooGone.

Did your friend say he bought it new in 1986? If he's the original owner then that tag is an interesting mystery.

I carried this 44 magnum concealed back then in a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster under a sport jacket. I also had a Sig P-230 which I carried small of the back. Mine was a 29-2. Gave it to my son on his 21st birthday!

Kind Regards!
BrianD