View Single Post

Old 03-31-2024, 06:36 PM

Liked 7,205 Times in 3,057 Posts

The last group of dogs I shot were traveling together 6 of them. They got into the chickens and killed 11 or 12. I had a pre 15 loaded with 1/2 lead RN 158 gr the other 3 were 125 gr Hollowpoints. The HPs were up first and I shot 4 rounds 2 were DRT...one ran about 30 yards and the 4th ran about 150 yards. RNL. Shot them all under 25 ft...some very close...all running and killing the chickens. They were all focused on killing the birds and didn't seem to even hear the shooting till the 4th one which ran off yelping. 2 ran away before I could get a good shot at them. I had pictures if I heard any complaints. My neighbor shot a German Shepard that attacked and killed one of his calves...approx 200 lbs. I helped bury the calf but not the dog. So the 38 (jacketed is better) will kill dogs and other critters the 7mm mag is better. In case you wonder... I am a dog lover too...but there are often packs of dogs that get together and go back home. Their owners don't realize or in some cases don't care