View Single Post

Old 04-01-2024, 11:30 AM

Liked 503 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
I never thought that Bass Pro was anti- 2A. Their prices are high, but that goes with stocking such a huge inventory of products. I can't say that local gun shops have been victimized by Bass Pro. Many of the smaller gun shops couldn't compete with Bass Pro because they couldn't afford to stock such a large inventory. They couldn't match the customer service, nor the prices. That being said, there are larger (privately owned gun shops) i.e. KYGUNCO that do quite well. There are other big box stores that do well when competing head-to-head with Bass Pro. Most failing small gun shops can only blame their business plan.
True, to an extent. Bass Pro/Cabela's deal in such high volume it "used" to keep prices lower on many items. Smaller shops couldn't compete on the lower prices. I talked to one small shop owner (years ago, no longer in business) and he stated he couldn't even order a firearm at the price the bigger retailers were selling them for. Higher volume does equal lower price, no question about that. However, like Walmart, it drove smaller shops out (along with the FFL crackdowns) then they raise the prices. No shock there...