View Single Post

Old 04-01-2024, 04:04 PM

Liked 368 Times in 179 Posts

Thank you FastBolt. You are making the case that there is no real phenomenon, or perhaps more correctly, even if it does exist, it is wayyyy down the list of important things needed to get the job done. Yes, I see it is no biggie. Don't overthink it. Got it, thanks!

For the sake of argument, taken as a given purely for theoretical purposes,
say that there is a real phenomenon, how would one even account for it?

Barrel harmonics is a real thing in precision long range riflery. And it is obvious that very small deviations show up as a failure or a miss in the field, but I cannot wrap my head around applying that concept to a 2.75" barrel versus a 4.25" barrel at a range of 15 yards. On the other hand, I know that in musical instruments the tiniest adjustment can make all the difference because there are so many delicately interdependent parts.

When Paul Harrell was shooting the LCP, his groups were adequate but not impressive. "That is about the best I can ever do with these tiny pistols," he said. Perhaps 18DAI was surprised that his scores/groups were just as good with the little Chief as his other guns, not actually better. HR Funk was undeniably better with his CS9 but credited his long experience with that particular gun. "I have always shot this gun really well," he said.

Kind Regards!
BrianD