View Single Post

Old 04-03-2024, 08:59 AM

Liked 6,094 Times in 3,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasentinel View Post
Hello,

I also have, not a disability, but a strange handicap. I am ambidextrous, in that there are certain things that I can do really well with my left hand (fighting, writing, etc.), and there are things that I can only do with my right hand (using power tools, carrying out delicate precision work. And to top it off, my right eye is dominant, but I tend to use my left eye more for seeing things. And then here is the kicker - my right hand is very weak, and my left hand is much stronger than the right, while my right wrist is much stronger than my left wrist. I have no clue which hand to use for shooting. Tried both, and both feel equally awkward.

Any pointers on how to go about determining which hand to use for shooting? Should I have my strong hand be the one I shoot with or should it be the support hand? Should I go with the hand that has more strength or go with the hand that has more control/precision as the hand to shoot with?

Thank you for your inputs in advance.
The general sense is to go with the dominate eye, in that hands can be trained for fine work. With an empty gun, slide back and no magazine, practice tracing wall seams up and down and across. See how quickly you can acquire such seams in your sights and keep them there as the gun moves. This practice will let you know what is your best starting point.