View Single Post

Old 04-04-2024, 07:12 AM

Liked 2,080 Times in 991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
This is incorrect. At one point all I used was CCI primers and had all my revolvers tuned to a 8 lbs. DA trigger pull without any issues with reliable ignition in single or double action.

Then I started cleaning my brass with stainless steel pins and discovered that Remington cases have a larger flash hole that Federal or Winchester so the pins didn't jam in the flash hole. The problem is that my revolvers had unreliable ignition in double action with Remington UMC and I mainly shoot my revolvers in double action. As a result I re-tuned all my revolvers to a 9 lbs. DA trigger and problem solved. Note guns involved were 19, 67, 610, 620, and 625.

The lesson here is that Remington primers are harder than CCI. As for Federal, never warmed to Federal because of the way they are packed in those shoe boxes.
What about my post is incorrect? My entire post? Other than my statement about CCI are the hardest pistol. I need to qualify, the hardest I have tried. I have never used Remington primers, so I cannot speak to them.

Rosewood

Last edited by rosewood; 04-04-2024 at 07:15 AM.