View Single Post

Old 04-07-2024, 09:49 AM

Liked 4,648 Times in 1,054 Posts

My father, a relatively poor man, advised me at an early age - "ya don't get something for nothing, there's no free lunch, and never gamble that which you cannot afford to lose".
Risk verses rewards . . . . I have personally known three millionaires;
The first one made it, lost it, made it back and lost it again, dying pretty much broke.
The next one made it and lost it twice - the second time he had to borrow $1500 from a friend to buy a 12 year old pickup truck to drive around town before he clawed his way out of it and made his fortune a third time - this time he seems to be holding onto it pretty good and finally retired.
The third one made his by screwing over everyone he ever dealt with or ever did business with, lived high and died with a big bankroll - he still died and my estimate is his new reality now makes the equatorial tropics look comfortably cool.
I sit back and try to appreciate the blessings the good Lord has afforded me, remember where they come from, and endeavor to show my gratitude daily.

No precious metals to speak of, though I do buy primers when I find a deal occasionally . . .