View Single Post

Old 04-08-2024, 09:43 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,204 Times in 3,755 Posts

" I find it really hard to believe that all these shields are shooting low left from the factory."

One of us said that up there.

For openers, I don't know beans from apple butter about Shields, or any other S&W product made from the mid 1950's on. Here's what I do know---and I started off knowing it shortly after my very first Problem Solving School-------on the very first day. That's where (and when) you get it beaten into your head to make sure you know what the REAL problem is----before you start spending valuable resources trying to solve symptoms---or apparent problems.

My take is the REAL problem becomes apparent when you compare products made before before the mid 1950's to those made afterwards---as well as myriad other indicators. Now these problems don't jump right out at you at that time, but that seems to be when they first started. They didn't amount to much at that time---but time passed, and things got worse.

There was a time, like the first hundred years, when you spent your money on a S&W product, you came away believing you had an example of a product made to be the best possible product for the price. I think you were right. Today, I think you get a product made at the lowest possible cost. These feelings aren't those destined to be those of the warm, fuzzy variety----but they very clearly illustrate the change in the philosophy of the folks who made those products.

Damn shame too!!

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 04-08-2024 at 09:46 AM.