View Single Post

Old 04-09-2024, 07:37 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 8,968 Times in 3,560 Posts

Quote:
Of the first 1000 Smith & Wesson revolvers manufactured, 45 are known to exist,
I have always been intrigued by this statement here on the forum. Known to exist by those of us that frequent boards like this or go to gun shows or is it the gun collecting fraternity as a whole???

There are something like 340 million people in the US as of today and those that track this information estimate that about 20% are under 15, so lets just say that perhaps 75% are adults with gun owning ability. That is roughly 255 million adult people.

So I firmly believe that there remains the possibility of more sock drawers out there holding treasures that we are totally unaware of or at least that is my hope.

As the baby boomers age and reach that wonderful period between social security and death, I firmly believe that more of these relics may surface as they are not as popular with the younger generation that is more drawn to the black plastic guns that shoot 15 or more rounds.

There are hundreds of thousands of homes out there that have never frequented a gun forum like this so who knows. (And that only considers sock drawers in the US)

As far as the op's gun is concerned, that is a truly remarkable package with a beautiful box included. One can only hope and dream to find something like that but that to me is the essence of collecting.......
LM #497
The Following 2 Users Like Post: