View Single Post

Old 04-09-2024, 01:37 PM

Liked 104 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM Rand View Post
Thank you soooooooo very much for this article. I copied the link to add to my reloading thread. It proved my point better than I ever could. Still don't think the naysayers will understand my point even after this article but, what is the saying, "You can lead a horse to water, you just can't make them drink."
No, it doesnt prove any point. A blanket from Ruger saying "use all you want in RUGER revolvers" doesnt translate to any other brand.

A discontinued Colt revovler being approved for it also doesnt mean much, when said revolver costs 3000 to purchase on the vintage market, and probably 900$ to fix timing issues in.

And smith and wesson saying "police only after they sign a waiver" was based on Police departments actually taking care of their guns, and having gunsmiths on staff or very easy access to gunsmiths. And police departments had priority at the sw repair center as well back then.
It was easy to say "use it, but send the gun back to us for inspection after 500 rounds fired" because those rounds would have been catalogued carefully
The Following User Likes This Post: