View Single Post

Old 04-10-2024, 06:31 AM

Liked 9,040 Times in 3,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf View Post
Well, keeping in mind that this is a "40 cal thread" and not a 40 S&W ....

Attachment 676577

Nor a semi pistol thread ...

Attachment 676582

The CZ is a 41AE. A LGS changed hands a few times +20 years back and the gun never moved. I made fun of that and the new owner said "make me a deal" and I said $99.00 and he said "sold!". .
Your gun is a Tanfoglio, from F.I.E, not a CZ. Tanfoglio is one of several companies making copies of the basic CZ design.

Mine cost $125 and had apparently been in an evidence room for years! The blued parts were all rusty. I wire brushed the rusted parts and cold blued them and it is acceptable. My SN is only 17 numbers away from yours!

All my brass is .41 Magnum converted on my lathe so I have no ammunition worries! I had a barrel failure one day but was able to find a man named Carleton in Greeley, Colorado that is a fan and had a source of replacement barrels from both Tanfoglio and IWI, probably intended for a Jerico 941. I bought one of each! The Tanfoglio has conventional rifling and the IWI is polygonal.

It wasn't the load, but a pure structural failure of the barrel! It did damage the slide and frame slightly by spreading them, but those were easy to repair.

Just to keep this legitimate to the original .40 thread, I have owned four, a full size Witness, Springfield P9C. an Astra A-75, and a Shorty Forty. The Shorty Forty is the only one I have now.

Last edited by Alk8944; 04-10-2024 at 07:05 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: