View Single Post

Old 04-10-2024, 11:06 AM

Liked 5,489 Times in 2,767 Posts

Overall a good article. However, being an old coot who lived through all the sturm & drang, the alleged fear of "militarization of the police" didn't exist back when +P and other than RNL bullets were being considered. In fact, one of the major objections by the ACLU and others was that use of expanding bullets "violated the Geneva Convention" (wrong) and were "cruel and unusual punishment" banned by the Constitution.

I don't recall when I was able to read one of the hold harmless agreements for the use of +P+ ammo, but it was interesting. It warned of accelerated wear and raised the possibility of injury or death if the firearm failed catastrophically. The lawyers were covering the corporate butts, but given the varying levels of firearm inspection and service in all the various entities, not a bad idea. When we adopted self loading service pistols, I checked with a pioneer in their use and discovered they had NO preventive maintenance program. They'd shoot 'em till they broke.

The limited amount of +P+ ammo I did manage to get my hands on was pretty much the same as +P. However, it might have been surplused as not meeting contract requirements.

Last edited by WR Moore; 04-10-2024 at 06:51 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: