View Single Post

Old 04-14-2024, 11:30 AM

Liked 86 Times in 54 Posts

I have a big regional sporting goods chain store neer by, a dunhams, in the older days of the early 2000s they would purchase russian spam cams of ammunition for 50$ on line, and sell it unopened for 30-50 pennies per round. As well as open on up and sell the paper packs inid for i think 6$ a hit.

Ive actually seen the FACTORY cases with the remington or winchester or blazer brass 9mm/40/45 acp ammunition in the corner. Ive seen the empty outer packs of these ammunition box in their garbage can.

But their setup is funny. The last time i went in, they had perhaps 30,000 rounds of various FMY. In fact they had so much they were using it as extra display shelving by stacking it 4' or so high and putting a door on top as a counter top.
They DO have JHP/JSP ammunition on sale, but they never have any cases of it on hand.

I have never actually seen them reload ammunition, or even DO anything with them. Its like these two presses are almost rusted in place. I actually dont believe they KNOW how to reload due to two things

1. I once asked the head honcho their if he could show me in person using his press on how to set up a seater/crimper die for 38 special as i had some issues with it. He had no idea how to do that, and he had no idea how to install a die into HIS own reloading press.
Despite spending countless hours claiming he was the one reloading all that wonderful ammunition when the store closed.

2. The guy doesnt know how/cant order powder from the official distributors that Hodgdon uses for that market, let alone for selling to customers