View Single Post

Old 04-15-2024, 04:41 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 842 Times in 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
I would have made that deal. That's just what prices are now. Especially when it includes tax and shipping (and possibly FFL fees.)

Sometimes you just have to pay the piper (or in this case, the whole orchestra!)

More than just fine.
Pictures are pretty dark so hard to tell, but I'm thinking it's been reblued? (Trigger and possibly hammer look blued). If so, still a great deal. Also looks like someone overdid the varnish on the Target Stocks.

If not a reblue, you paid the 2010 price.
The pics are a little dark. I took them inside...Totally original finish on metal and the gun had probably really been taken care of, but someone had put these silly looky period Jay Scott black stag grips on it....

I bought this parts kit from a 27-2 that had N frame targets on it, (see in pics below)...Frankly, I thought the grips were trashed, but with a lot of careful work, they turned out pretty good...The 27-2 had been laying in a wet armory floor before being demilled and I bought it as a parts kit. The 27 was target hammer, trigger and stocks and strangely, the bore was a mirror.

I sold the 27 kit and the Jay Scott grips on Ebay which got all of my money back and it took a week of gentle work to make them look like this now....At least the grips were resurrected from that Police buy-back armory where they had laid for 5 years in water...From the serial numbers I gathered from it, the 27 had a ship date of around 1972, so it's older than my 1978 28-2.

I would imagine that my 28-2 originally came with magnas, but since the gun was so nice and all it needed was decent period grips and I already had these, that's the path I took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smith-wesson-272-bare-metal_5qZm0.jpg (67.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg smith-wesson-272-bare-metal_qNrOy.jpg (75.6 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by MelvinWalker; 04-15-2024 at 04:49 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: