View Single Post

Old 04-15-2024, 09:00 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 348 Times in 72 Posts

Beautiful revolver, great purchase! I have one just like it, a 6” 14-2 with diamond target grips I refurbished that I posted about a few weeks ago if you wish to search. Yours looks to be in really good condition. I recognize your concern for “tightness” but it would be difficult to shoot out a model 14 and still have it look like yours. I would measure cylinder stop width with calipers vs. cylinder notches, guessing your cylinder stop is rounded and worn from good use, this is an easy swap and fix. Definitely check for end shake and adjust with shims if excessive (doubt you have a yoke stretching tool and cutter). Ejector rod straightness is important, older ones are rarely straight after thousands of open/close cycles. I bought a Power Custom fixture for aligning all of mine as I saw it so much when looking at old used revolvers. Of course this is 101 stuff for any decent S&W gunsmith. I feel like somewhat of an idiot for posting stuff like this when the REAL experts like Carter (armorer951) are present on this forum.

I do reload a fair amount for this caliber. My no muss/no fuss load for K frames is the Missouri Bullet poly coated 158 grain SWC over Bullseye or HP-38 depending on the velocity I am looking for. I have also used CFE pistol as I have a bunch but like the others better.
SWCA #3929, SWHF #1010

Last edited by Cotis; 04-15-2024 at 09:04 PM.