View Single Post

Old 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM

Liked 599 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14 View Post
Assuming you are a cool shot and not prone to buck fever, that sounds doable based on what you describe, but I probably wouldn’t try it here in Indiana.

I’d tend to favor a red dot over a telescope, based on my own experience with the two types of sights on a handgun. I’ve seen a friend hit a clay target at 100 yards with my 629 and reflex sight, and then hit the remaining piece a shot or two later. Just a thought you might consider. Mounting a small reflex sight on an S&W can usually be done in a lot tidier fashion than that Weigand mount for a telescope.

Whatever you decide, I’d like to hear more about your results.
I have used the small red dot sights on several autos and I have one mounted on a 5” S&W 610 and I am happy with it. I have a Weigand mount on a new 617 holding a 4x Burris and the mount base is rather ugly. I had forgotten about the Leupold dual dovetail base that to me looks much better and doesn’t extend over the barrel. I just ordered one of eBay. I will send them both to Jack and if the Leupold doesn’t work, and I see no reason why it won’t work, he can put the Weigand on it
The Following 3 Users Like Post: