View Single Post

Old 04-17-2024, 12:30 PM

Liked 26,283 Times in 8,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Armed View Post
Like I said. Ruger is the only company whose terrible QC record is ignored and no one really cares about all the junk they've been putting out over the years. Mention any other manufacturer including S&W and blood pressures go up.

FYI, I owned 7 M&Ps and 4 newer S&W revolvers (2 686+'s, 69 Combat Mag, and a 640 Pro). I didn't have any major issues with any of them like I have with Ruger pistols. The same goes for the 8 Taurus handguns and other manufacturers' firearms I've owned. That said, I trust S&W much more so than Ruger or Taurus.
I own no Ruger's and I am certainly not covering for them. The only experience I have with Ruger's QC & CS is through friends, shooting buddy's and what I read here and on other Forums.

When I was in my prime buying mode, one would always expect that the S&W, Colt & Browning QC was way above a workingman's Ruger. IMHO Ruger WAS always the cheaper alternative and not in the same class as the others. That scenario has changed drastically. While still somewhat less expensive for most competitive models, the price differential has faded and their QC has improved - again in MHO and from what I have seen.

For the prices S&W charges today, their QC and CS should be at the top of the ladder! IMHO that simply is not the case - but others like yourself are free to evaluate this by your own experiences of course. I am actually happy to hear you have had positive experiences with S&W - maybe there IS some hope after-all. Believe me, I do not take pride in posting the pathetic excuses for product they let ship! I wish it were different!!