View Single Post

Old 04-19-2024, 10:36 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,969 Times in 2,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo4star View Post
Picked the 6" 28-2 that left the factory in April 1978. It is pristine! If it has been shot then very few rounds have been run through it. The rear sight is typical of the M 28. The barrel is marked as most 28’s are. No other markings save for some very light etching on the grip frame ( see photos ) that are difficult to read. It is a fine example of the M 28.
My total cost, including shipping and transfer fees, is $760.00

I think you did very well, gun is in great shape, I can't see a turn line. You should look for a set of walnut magna stocks, which were the standard factory issue on M28's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Rider View Post
Very nice HPs and Model 28s, but I'm still confused about the red insert in the front sight. To the best of my knowledge, HPs did not have colored inserts in the Baughman front sight. Were the inserts factory installed as an option, or were they added as a later modification? Any ideas?
SCSW mentions red ramp and white outline sights, but were usually on police-ordered and purchased guns (Washington State Patrol and NYSP). In the historical data paragraph it doesn't mention the RR or WO in the details.

Mine is a 1973 vintage (N189xxx), I paid a premium 5 years ago, and at the time had no turn line. I shoot this one more than any of my S&W's. Love the balance. Mine has a smooth .400" combat trigger and feels the best of all my S&W's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3404.jpg (168.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3406.jpg (125.1 KB, 13 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: