View Single Post

Old 04-19-2024, 11:00 AM

Liked 111 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer2012 View Post
My spec series trigger is horrible as well I have a return label to ship it back but TBH I'm not sure they can make it better ? My xd-mod2 has a much much better trigger and it was less than 1/2 the price. Not sure it's even worth sending it back ?
Not worth it im my opinion.

You may be waiting for weeks to months, and there may be no improvement.

We keep forgetting on these high production guns the tolerances will be all over the place and you're going to get one with a good trigger once in a while and you're going to get one with a ****** trigger every once in a while.

You have to ask yourself, how bad is the trigger really? Or, do you need to just shoot it a lot to get better with it?

That being said, I personally appreciate a nicer “feeling” trigger especially when you can eliminate some of the overtravel which is the more important thing with a trigger upgrade. I think it's more important than the pull weight.

All Smith and Wesson is going to do is look at it play with it a little bit throw it back in the box and tell you that everything is "in spec" with it.

Unfortunately if you want a better trigger you're going to have to go with an apex or something else.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, overwatch precision has an upgrade kit for about $70.

M&P 2.0 Improvement Kit for 9mm & .45/10mm - Overwatch Precision

It's a fully machined sear and safety block with a couple lighter springs to try out.

They have 2 choices for a carry sear or a competition sear.

Personally I never use those lighter springs unless you want a 2-2 1/2 lb pull weight.

Also don't expect your groups to get tighter with a better trigger, because that will still be all up to you. It will make for a much better feeling and consistent trigger though.

Last edited by Gman556; 04-19-2024 at 11:07 AM.