Thread: Bodyguard .380
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2024, 03:11 PM

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Bodyguard .380

Back after a long absence, and there are plenty of steel Smith autos and revos in the safe.

But I've reverted to carrying a little Smith; got a BodyGuard, as an alternative to an LCP.
Test hopped it, worked, put on a set of TruGlos. Much more pleasant to shoot than the LCP, and even liked the long trigger. Sooooooo, my usual drill is to pound a practice gun, and carry a low round count version.

The second gun has been a problem child since the first magazine. The slide will go closed on an empty chamber while firing (rounds in the magazine), a round will be trapped on the feedramp, the slide won't lock back
when empty, the slide seems difficult to rack.
This is with the same ammunition, same magazines, same shooter, that work to perfection in the first gun.

It's been back to the mothership twice; it's better, but still not perfect. Springfield maintains there's not a problem. It still won't lock the slide back/leaves a round on the feedramp, though not as often as previously.

Ammunition has been my reloads (915'sec/95PRN), Perfecta 95FMJ, Hornady90Jhp. All ran in gun 1, all act up in gun 2.
The problem is gradually getting better, to the point I can train with gun 2. But it doesn't inspire confidence.

My suspicion is short-stroking.
I've been promised a new recoil spring.

Suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Moon
The Following User Likes This Post: