View Single Post

Old 04-19-2024, 04:17 PM

Liked 149 Times in 45 Posts
Default I guess I joined the club!

Not necessarily by choice, but I was given this the other day, by a family friend, who is having serious health issues. He's in his late 60s, said it was his father's and grandfather's before that. Neither of his grown sons, who live out of state, had interest in it. It's a 4 screw, C series SN, probably late 58, early 59 that I can tell. It's not model marked, but pretty much a "generic" model 10. Obviously, non original grips and definitely a reblue. I asked him of the history of it, as it has typical LE holster wear, and if either his father or grandfather were Officers during their careers. Neither had been and he told me it was purchased for protection, when his grandfather ran a business nearby. I'm assuming it had been picked up on the secondary market, after an LE go around! My first reaction was to find period correct grips and maybe a "correct style" holster. After I thought about it more, I think I'll keep it just as it is, because all of the little changes are part of it's history now. After the obligatory pic, it was wiped down, put in the safe and will make a range appearance next week, weather permitting! I told him to pass along my contact info, in case one of his boys wants to continue the lineage with it, but if not, my son will inherit it! Thanks, Bill in MA
new 38.jpg
The Following 18 Users Like Post: