Thread: very ugly 13-3
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 08:35 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,832 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Edwards View Post
I have a 3" M10-7 square butt that was in similar condition when I got it. It's probably an overrun from the Australian police contract since there aren't any re-import markings. The bore and chambers were pristine and lockup was tight. The action is smooth enough to not need any work done to it. I had it Parkerized and installed a set of the discontinued Spegel-designed Uncle Mike's boot grips. Two coats of white paint and one of fluorescent red/orange on the top third of the front sight completed the makeover.

I've got close to a couple thousand rounds through it, including doing Tom Givens' revolver class. It's my favorite carry revolver.
Most of the ex Australian police S&W M10's on the US market do not have import marks because they were traded back to S&W, S&W then sold them to US distributors, it is a quirk in the US import laws about deals back to a US manufacture that do not have to be import marked as they were not imported by a separate company. There are others here that most likely know more details