View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 06:28 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 66 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian686 View Post
I have since a few years a Ruger BH, blued version, convertible model with both the .357 and 9mm cylinders from 1976 (33-3xxxx serial number). I had the opportunity to buy a second one, stainless steel this week for a real bargain price. It is also from 1976 (33-1xxxx serial), which I will unfortunately only get in a few months due to the paperwork involved. Both are 'New Models'.

Is there any chance that the convertible 9mm cylinder fits (as a drop-in) to the second gun ? What should I watch for if it 'seems' to fit ?

Thanks and all the best from Belgium - B686
i have a "New Model" BH 357 from the 70's (not sold as a convertible), i bought a stainless 9mm BH cylinder on ebay a few years back, it fit and timed fine (used gauge rod down bbl thru all chambers), the problem i have is the OAL of some 9mm cases wont allow them to be loaded. I think the chamber depth on 2 or 3 chambers needs to be reamed a few thousandths deeper (i'm hesitant about the easy fix -shortening the cylinder by a few thou.) to allow normal function with all sammi spec OAL brass. I dont know if the convertible models had any different tolerances cylinder/frame.
I'll also be interested in other comments. You got me rambling...
The Following User Likes This Post: