View Single Post

Old 04-22-2024, 03:55 PM

Liked 423 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22hipower View Post
Can you point out where you see signs of a re-blue? The pins are all proud and not flattened and the stamps appear sharp. Certainly some wear but indications of a re-blue aren't obvious to me so point them out, I'm eager to learn what I've overlooked. As to the rear sight, it looks exactly like the one on my OM Special. How can you tell that it was filed? Yes, it appears wider than on mine, in the picture, until I bring the rear sight of mine as close to my eye as it is in the picture of the one that sold, and then it looks the same.

I think someone got a pretty good deal on that one.

Jeff
SWCA #1457
The barrel and cylinder had a plum color and the polishing marks on the cylinder that were visible in one picture looked exactly like the result of spinning the cylinder against a medium Scotchbrite wheel on a buffer. Not that it was a horrible job with washed out side plate seams or anything, but also not a factory grade refinish.

The top view photo showing the rear sight clearly shows the bottom of the notch to be bright in the white and uneven as opposed to the original matte blued appearance of the rest of the rear sight.