View Single Post

Old 04-22-2024, 11:23 PM

Liked 26,121 Times in 8,791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
From what I have seen of Buicks a 100k on the odometer would not scare me if nothing major hadn't already showed up.
What year is it and where do you live?
It's a 2010 - almost 15 years old now. Other than brakes and tires, no other major repairs over the years. Just a few minor things like wheel sensors, gas cap and a module. All tolled - probably the least troublesome car we have ever owned - but again, it will need a major tune up at 100K, soon brakes, tires, and other maintenance and while I can still get some descent bucks for it, I will sell it. It looks like it was built last year - detailing cars is just another one of my hobbies.

I have heard that the tranny's in these Buicks get real tired at just about the milage we have and a factory new one is just about what the car is worth. Rebuilt's - forget about them! So to err on the safe side, we are getting a new car. Again, she now wants an SUV.

I hear Carvana, Carmax and Auto Nation pay way more than the Dealers do. I would never sell a used car to someone I know. No matter how great the car has been and no matter how good it is today, I wold never let a car get in between a friendship, neighbor or relative. I have already had two offers from neighbors and told them the same thing - they understood. A 15 year old car with 100K could stop being a great car at any time.