View Single Post

Old 04-23-2024, 11:42 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,540 Times in 417 Posts

A story told to me by my Father:

Sometime in the early 1960's, my Dad was called in to work a night shift at a printing plant that was located in a nasty part of St. Louis. His younger brother had borrowed the S&W that Dad usually carried, so he took the only other handgun that he had available: a .36 caliber Navy Colt. As he was leaving the plant he was approached by a pair of "gentlemen" who demanded his car keys and his wallet. He told me that their eyes got really wide as the hammer on that old Colt went click-click-click-click and one of them asked "What the hell kind of gun is that?" My Dad said that he replied "The kind that kills you."

The two "gentlemen" departed the scene rapidly and Dad went home.

The story was told to me one night when I was lamenting being out of ammo for my .38, which meant that my carry gun for my night shift would have to be a Colt Frontier Scout .22LR. Dad told me that it's not what you carry, or how you carry it....what matter is that you are carrying.

I would be happy to go afield with either of the two guns pictured above, and my 3rd model HE .44 is part of my carry rotation. Go with what gives you confidence. If you don't have that, go with what you've got.
SWCA #3942 / SWHF #988
The Following User Likes This Post: