View Single Post

Old 04-24-2024, 08:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,117 Times in 6,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHunt View Post
If it shoots, it scores. Never too old, really.

Myself, if I ever had to shoot someone, I'd prefer to do it with an easily replaceable, modern firearm. Why waste a perfectly good gun on an evidence locker? Or worse, a fine old firearm disappearing from an evidence locker?
You have a good point there! Had two guns stolen from my house years ago. Turned up in the next county south. Found out from my PD where they were. Contacted the PD there and confirmed they were mine with them. Was told had to stay there until the trial. After six months I contacted the States Attorney's Office. After a bit of a delay I was told the charges had been dropped. Went down to reclaim my guns from the PD who had them in their Evidence Locker. At first they seemed to know nothing about them. I showed the the original police report, then the paperwork from the States Attorney's Office and they still hemmed and hawed about them. Had my Son-In-Law with me, he is a Deputy Sheriff in my county and he asked to see the Chief of Police about all of this. All of a sudden the guns were found and brought to us. Funny thing was there were no evidence tags on them. S-I-L figures someone was waiting to take them home with them (a FN L1A1 and a Remington USMC M870 MK 1).

Last edited by AJ; 04-24-2024 at 08:39 PM.