View Single Post

Old 04-26-2024, 06:20 PM

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts

So I went through my book shelf to try and find some more info for you. Grant Cunningham in his book on defensive revolvers recommends against the .357, but says of the .357 rounds that the 135 GDHP is the way to go. He did recomend 135-158 for .38 +P specifying the GDHP and the Lead Semi Wad Cutter.

Ed Lovette likes the .357, he mentions the 110JHP and showed a picture of the Cor Bon round. He also liked the MAGSAFE rounds and claimed his snubnose where filled with MAGSAFE PMAX.

Cirillo mentions the 125 gr in .357, but he didn't talk about the .357 alot.

You could also reach out to Daryl Bolke, I've corresponded with him, he is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The P&S crew (Matt Landfair) have been talking alot about revolvers lately too.

I thought Dr Roberts had written something about revovlver cartridges but I couldn't find it. He's usually pretty good and he has been tied in with alot of organizations.

Honestly though, if you have a list of authorized off duty rounds, I'd start there. You could also contact the vendors. The ATK LE website has data for the older cartridges (not the short barrel) but they might have info on the newer stuff upon request.

Last edited by cd228; 04-26-2024 at 06:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: