View Single Post

Old 04-26-2024, 08:33 PM

Liked 965 Times in 303 Posts

357 Magnum - Liberty Ammunition

When you balance out the pros and cons of the mighty Magnum why not get specific. The number one concern for me is over penetration. I want to kill the rat, just not the one behind the refrigerator.....of the neighbor's house. This is a plus if you're shooting through car bodies, like a lawman.

The next notable is the shock or knockdown potential. But a 50gr. projectile impacting at 2100ft/sec. The bullet blows up on impact.

Ok, it's a theory that a lot of folks are betting their lives on. A lightweight hollow point moving at rifle like velocity. All of the energy dumped in the first inches after impact.

My next thing is that .357mag through an alloy J frame is flinch inducing. The very few times I tried it, maybe one or two rounds per session.

Having a nice K frame snub is a world difference in comfort and accuracy. But they are boat anchor heavy.

I looked around and found a Model 386 Night Guard. It's an L Frame and it's 7 rounds. This model has the steel cylinder which scales in at 24.5oz. It's both comfortable and accurate.