View Single Post

Old 04-27-2024, 04:49 PM

Liked 709 Times in 246 Posts
Default New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi cop View Post
I am writing this in one of my least favourite places to wait. Auckland airport’s international departure terminal. The only saving grace is that in a few hours Karen and I will be aboard a 787 Dreamliner on our way to Houston.

I have just discovered that I left my laptop, which I pulled out of my carry-on this morning to print our boarding passes, at home. But I still have my tablet and phone so I can still post.

Here is the itinerary…..
Houston, 3 nights (mainly to recover from the jet lag but also there are a few things we want to go back and see). 27-30 April.

Fly to Nashville for 3 nights (like Houston there are some more things we want to see there. 30 April to 3 May

Drive to Louisville for Derby weekend (why not)? 3-5 May

Chicago for two nights (5 & 6 May) then 3 weeks on Route 66.

We will be staying for 2-3 nights in. St Louis, Oklahoma City and Flagstaff. Other than Gallup, where we have the El Rancho hotel booked for the exorbitant sum of $10 for the night, our itinerary is pretty flexible. If we take longer on some days we will make it up somewhere. If we go further some days we will find a place to explore.
New Mexico is a cornucopia of things to see.
Based on what you have said,
I would suggest you research Chaco Canyon, Mesa Verde, and the train ride out of Chama.
Been there, done that.
If the stars line up, I will do it again.
👍👍👍👍👍
Best,
Gary
The Following 2 Users Like Post: