View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 08:07 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,266 Times in 4,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
When I worked up loads in my PPK/S the limiting factor in it was that it's a fixed barrel blow-back design & increased charge weights resulted in lower velocity because the recoil spring wasn't strong enough.
That’s interesting. I have very little experience with loading for .380 and with loading for use in blow-back designs. I’ve never heard anyone mention this.

A few years ago I gave loading for the .380 a try. I was using a stainless steel Interarms PPK, which was all I had. The loads involved three or four different powders, but not Power Pistol, so I can’t add anything to that matter. I didn’t see a lot of difference in accuracy. I was shooting at 10-yards and the sights on that gun, out in the bright sunlight, were giving me a hard time of it.

My best results were with HP38, followed by Unique, but due the sights/sunlight I couldn’t be too sure of what I was doing. That was 3-1/2 years ago. I should revisit this some day. There are sure times when it would be handy to have a Ransom rest available.
The Following User Likes This Post: