View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 08:26 AM

Liked 5,658 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear View Post
My last car purchase was not that bad. First day I played with the car, and arranged to met sales rent next morning. I did have a firm (?) offer on Camry trade in. Still not knowing the final sales price would be. Showed up next morning with all the proper paper work to complete the sale, a shoulder bag holding $35,000.00 in "C" notes, and a hidden pistol. Common now who is going to carry that amount of money with out the ability to stop someone from trying to take it from you?
Dumped the money on the sales rat's desk. As I remember I said "do it now, or don't ever do it." But don't touch the money, if you do, you will lose a sale and end up with a broken hand in the process. About two hours later I drove off the lot in my new ride, as well as a small amount of cash back.
Perhaps this is not the best way to start a nice friendship with a dealer, but it got me my car. But when I show up there I get the attention I want.
Have a great weekend all.
They’d much rather you finance the car. Their kickback is a big part of their profit. That’s why they always ask if you already have financing. I always say I’m not sure how I’m paying. Let’s work on price first.
The Following User Likes This Post: