View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 12:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 11,463 Times in 3,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKmesa View Post
One of the most beautiful S&W ever produced was the pre-war M&P Target guns. The tapered barrel, the one- and two-screw rear sights contoured to the frame, the glassy high polish blue, and the proportions that were... JUST RIGHT.

To start it off - here is SN 642784, a 1904 4th Change that shipped in May 1933, with the one-screw rear sight. The box numbers to the gun.

I am hopeful that we will fill up several pages with photos of these beautiful guns.
GREAT SCOT, Richard, that revolver just oozes class! The bluing actually looks liquid. Colt Royal Blue has absolutely nothing on the bluing on your gem. The tapered barrel and high front sight are great looking. I bet that sight would play havoc on a holster though. I also really like the box style. I may be wrong, but isn’t that the same style box the very earliest K22 Outdoorsman came in? Thanks for sharing that beauty!

BTW, all you other folks that have shown your examples of your pre-war M&P Target guns have some amazing examples too.

hkcavalier, what is that style front sight called? It is as today’s kids say, “Dope”! I like it a lot.
Larry