Thread: K32 Nickel
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 01:19 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,371 Times in 3,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowriderfxr View Post
I've handled this gun. I also lettered it. It belonged to a very good friend of mine and was in his estate until he passed.
I remember my friend telling me a story about this gun probably 30 years ago. He had called Roy to authenticate that it was factory Nickle. My friend told me that after Roy verified it, he got a call from Ray Brazille trying to buy it. Ray was probably the top seller of S&Ws in those days.

The most knowledgeable person on K32s that I've ever known is Dave Ballentine. He told me that he didn't think that S&W made a Nickle K32. I showed him this letter and he stated that he believes its the only one. Until I see another one, I will believe that also.

I don't know when or where the number 35 was placed on the revolver. I've heard it called a rack number. Maybe it was a PD, a club or range gun. I don't think we will ever know.

Like I said, I know its real and until I see another one, I will continue to believe that its the only 1.
I am not doubting that this one was originally nickel, obviously the letter so indicates. I just recall seeing others. Leo posted one a few posts ago and I saw this one https://smith-wessonforum.com/member...2-k-32-rs.html

So it would argue that 1 of 1 only applies to that particular invoice. I hope whoever bought it is thrilled.
SWCA #2906, SWHF #760
The Following 2 Users Like Post: