View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 06:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 25,163 Times in 8,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger2Tank View Post
Yep, pretty interesting information to have.

I'm not a S&W collector, but a German firearms collector. I try to go as far back as I can with the guns in my collection, so this will add to the interest.

Why this particular gun? I've been looking around for one of these for a VERY long time. I never could find this particular model with the 4 inch barrel and serial number range that I needed for my "German firearms collection". I've come close, but not this close.

So, it's sorta close in serial number to the Hermann Goring S&W at West Point, and the correct model. My pistol came with the purple box and wax paper, so that's a neat addition to this. I bought it from an S&W collector at a very small gun show that I never thought I would really find much at. He also had a sales receipt from a prior owner from 2014, I guess before he received it.

It's just interesting that Goring carried and surrendered with a S&W revolver of all things. I can now show that this is the type he had, and not a German handgun. It's just a neat and interesting part of the collection now.
Hermann the German appreciated good firearms!
John 3:16
WAR EAGLE!

Last edited by Muley Gil; 04-30-2024 at 06:29 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: