View Single Post

Old 05-01-2024, 10:40 AM

Liked 6,551 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMuddy View Post
My -3 doesn’t have MIM hammer/trigger. They are case hardened carbon steel. I agree with the 41 Mag comments. I have, and have had, several and am yet to find one that doesn’t shoot “lights out”.

I changed out the rubber Hogues on the -3 to Ahrend’s round to square conversions.

Dan
Yeah, must be a "transitional" thing. Like they must have incorporated MIM before they ran out of -3 stamped frames? It's hard to reconcile the dates. There's a post on here about a 629 with a very close serial number CAA16XX (mine is the same) that was dated 1995/1996. Information here on the website says the -4 dates to 1997. Also that in 1996 they went to round-butt frames. Mine is a square butt. How did I get a square butt with MIM? Who knows? It really doesn't matter.

657 history info

I don't use the Houges any more. I don't really like finger grooves. I replaced them with Pachmayr Signatures because that's what I have on everything else. I have a case-hardened Full Target hammer and trigger to put in it but just haven't gotten it done.

Last edited by glenwolde; 05-01-2024 at 10:43 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: