View Single Post

Old 05-02-2024, 01:09 AM

Liked 5,540 Times in 2,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet 028 View Post
Oh another question...If I bought an unlocked phone how do I get my stored contacts etc into the new phone. Is all that info on the little cards that can be removed??
Since you're on a Samsung, that's Android. All your contacts should be saved in your Google account. Once you sign in to the account on the new phone you can import your contacts to the new phone.

No, your contacts are not on the SIM card. I only buy unlocked phones, but you have to make certain that whatever phone you get is compatible with and acceptable to Verizon assuming you're going to stay with them. They can be picky about what phones they will work with. T-Mo and AT&T are a bit easier going in that regard. When I change phones I just take the SIM card out of the old phone, stick it into the new one, sign into my Google account on the new phone, and get going.

I'm on T-Mobile's "Over 55" plan. You get a really good price - IF you need 2 lines. If you only need one line the price isn't as good.

But regardless of price, if the coverage is poor in your area, it's not a good deal.