View Single Post

Old 05-02-2024, 02:45 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,643 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughed440 View Post
Had the SD lettered, primarily because i wanted to know where it was shipped to, but also to confirm the production number, and get a shipping date.
The research so far only shows that the dealer is no longer in business. If anyone has any dealer info to share that would be much appreciated.

Update > lettered. 1994 Performance Center SD-40 "Stocking Dealer"-065660-jpg
Hi, jughed!

I can share some recollections about the dealer "Shooting Systems".

As I've mentioned before, I spent my career in the motorcycle business.

In the late 1970's, two brothers (I think their names were Rick and Ray Kohout) who worked for another motorcycle dealership opened a business manufacturing nylon web firearms gear (holsters, rifle cases) under the name "Assault Systems" in an industrial park on Headquarters Park Drive in Fenton, Mo.

Fenton, Mo. is a southwestern suburb of St. Louis, Mo.

The business was a success and in the late 1980's (as I recall) they subsequently opened a gun store (which they named "Shooting Systems") in addition at the same location.

They were a high volume dealer with the best prices in the area.

They ran into a little bad luck when they were burglarized by thieves breaking in by crashing through the wall with a stolen truck.

This may have happened more than once.

They spun off the gun store (Shooting Systems) to one of their managers who moved it closer in to the city in two different locations before finally closing up.

In 1994, they were still in the original location on Headquarters Park Drive in Fenton.

The nylon web gear manufacturing company eventually became "Elite Survival Systems" in Washington, Mo. (not far) which remains in business to this day.

Here is a link to their website: Concealed Carry Equipment | Elite Survival Systems

Someone there may be able to provide more info than my limited recall.

I hope this helps!

John
The Following 6 Users Like Post: